Hanoi Urban Adventures
Day tours, with a local
From 1st January 2015, Hanoi Highlight - VUE: Move from Fullday tour to Half Day Morning tour only. Visit Temple of literature, Teapub, Hoa Lo prison, Great Church & Ngoc Son Temple. Lunch is included. Village Discovery - VUD: Move from Fullday tour to Half Day Afternoon tour by Bike. Start at 2Pm at 23 Nguyen Khac Nhu, Ba Dinh Dist, Hanoi.
Hanoi Hotline: +84 (0) 904 193 308
Our Hanoi tours provide a unique way of experiencing the rich culture and fascinating sites you'll find in this part of Vietnam. Whether wandering through the narrow streets of Hanoi Old Quarter, browsing local markets, sharing a cup of coffee on the footpath, interacting with the locals at “Bia Hoi” corner or tasting the genuine flavour of “Pho”, a Hanoi Urban Adventure gives you a real life Hanoi experience!
Taking a Hanoi tour with Hanoi Urban Adventures gets you well off the beaten path and reveals the genuine side of this fascinating city.
from 11 reviews
From USD 30.00
Just arrived in Hanoi? Need an introduction to this buzzing city? Leaving soon and haven't seen any of the highlights yet? Never fear, join this Hanoi tour which covers the historic hot spots, must-see monument, and special spaces that you'd kick yourself for missing.more...
from 17 reviews
From USD 121.00
There's a reason Halong Bay is one of the most photographed places in Vietnam - it's ridiculously beautiful. Hop on a traditional junk, glide through the azure waters with a drink in one hand, and a spot of seafood in the other. There's no better way to travel Halong Bay!more...
Village Discovery by Bike
from 6 reviews
From USD 32.00
Trade in the frenetic pace of Hanoi with an unforgettable bike ride through the Vietnam countryside. Cycle along the banks of the Red River to explore the timeless traditional villages and learn about life outside of Hanoi.more...
Citadels, Karsts & Cycle
from 7 reviews
From USD 88.00
Mix it up on this Hanoi tour that includes a 12 km cycle session and a sneaky rowboat ride through caves, and past rice paddies, villages, and limestone karsts.more...
Hanoi Street Food by Night
from 29 reviews
From USD 31.00
Travel is all about the street food these days, and why not? It's fresh, fast, cheap and a great way to crack into the local scene. Join this Hanoi tour to source the best street eats from markets, food carts, street cafes and other hard-to-find-but-totally-worth-the-effort secret spots.more...
Mid Autumn Festival
Place: Hanoi - [ 12/09/2015 ]
The Mid Autumn Festival is the most exciting festival in Vietnam. It is held in the mid August lunar Calendar and is known as a festival for Kids, with a number of exciting activities.Tet Festival of the Kinh
Place: Hanoi - [ 15/01/2016 - 15/02/2016 ]
Tet is the biggest and the most sacred festival in Vietnam, and is the most attractive to a majority of the Vietnamese.Perfume Pagoda Festival
Place: Hanoi - [ 19/02/2016 - 19/03/2016 ]
The Huong Pagoda Festival mainly consists of sightseeing trips to pagodas, temples and caves, as well as visiting ceremonies. It is most crowded from the 15th - 20th day of the 2nd month of the lunar calendar as this period marks the the main festival.more events...
What does Hanoi Mean?
more... more stories...
21 May 2015 A great tour with a great tour guide. Le obviously has a good knowledge of the area and of what we were looking at. His English is excellent and he was very helpful in giving us other hints and tips about getting on in Hanoi, which I really appreciated.
18 May 2015 I wish we had spent an additional hour sailing around the islands instead of an hour for the cave - the actual sailing around the islands portion of the trip was very short relative to the length of the trip.
11 Jan 2015 Overall experience was as expected, At times it was a little hard to hear our tour guide due to time of day and peak hour traffic but otherwise communications were good. Our guide was excellent in providing us local knowledge. Being on bikes gave us a good perspective of the area, enabling us to see areas we would not otherwise travel. We were well looked after as far as safety. We booked this tour as we had used this company three times prior and knew the service we would recieve would be excellent.
30 Dec 2014 Wonderful tour. As nutrition student knows food and culture related is too much important. Thanks tourist guide for tour.
27 Dec 2014 Oustanding Trip. Day trip is perfect to see everything in Halong Bay. Excellent tour guide and comfortable transportation.
18 Nov 2014 This is what I wrote on Tripadvisor: We booked the Foodie Night Tour as a private group for eight of us and met up with Quan as scheduled. We had a great, great time. He was informative friendly, patient, and humorous. He taught us how to cross the streets, too. We started with a snack my our meeting point, then walked the streets for two hours,tasting rice-flour rolls stuffed with pork and accompanied by dipping sauces, fresh apple-pears on the street, an amazing main course of Chinese-style grill (again on the street), dessert of various fresh fruits with coconut milk, condensed milk, and ice, and the capped it off with beers and coffee at the Cafe Pho Co overlooking the city's skyline and lake. The whole group agreed that it was a perfect way to spend out first evening in Hanoi. Quan gave us great eating recommendation for the next day, too. Highly recommended!!!
12 Nov 2014 Over the past three weeks, I have been on 6 Urban Adventures in Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Hanoi. CITADEL KARST AND CYCLES has been by far the best one to date giving an insight into the history if Vietnam at the Citadel, a thoroughly fun hour cycling through the villages and rice fields, culminating in an amazing trip through the Karsts by boat. Keep up the good work Intrepid.
31 Oct 2014 My guide Hoang Le was excellent and I'd high reccomend this trip in Hanoi if your planning on staying for a few days
03 Sep 2014 We were lucky to have Thao all to ourselves on the street food tour. She was hugely enthusiastic and knowledgeable and we spent a lovely evening wandering into places which we otherwise would have walked straight past. A really excellent tour and a fantastic introduction to Hanoi
24 Aug 2014 The trip was great and we enjoyed all aspects of it. One thing I would mention is to be careful of the local street food experience we were both quite ill following this, and we usually do not have this problem in Vietnam.
The Hanoi Urban Adventure team are passionate about their city. Each of our Hanoi tours will show you different aspects of our country, different corners of its streets, unique insight into our home communities and much more! Come see the best of Hanoi and its surrounds with us.
Feels like: 43°C
Sunny. Extremely hot.
Sign up now and get $10 off your next tour!
At Urban Adventures, we firmly believe local travel is one of the best ways we can support responsible tourism. In fact, we believe it so strongly that we’ve made it our entire business! All our tours are run by local experts, not some faceless corporate team located halfway around the world with no sense of the local vibe.
We craft our tours to ensure every traveller has authentic interactions with local people, businesses, transportation, and food and drink. Local travel gives you the opportunity to experience a destination as locals do, and has the potential to impact you in ways you never imagined. In short: local is awesome.
As a responsible travel company, we promise to:
- Use locally owned infrastructure on our tours whenever possible.
- Spread the financial benefits amongst local people and operators.
- Provide employment and leadership opportunities for local people.
- Respect local customs and culture.
- Provide safe tours for Urban Adventure partners, staff, and travellers.
- Educate travellers and our partners about how and why we choose to travel this way.
- Limit any negative impact to the daily lifestyles of local people.
- Limit any physical impact on natural and cultural environments.
- Provide support to organisations and local communities.
- Provide opportunities for travellers to interact with local people.
- Actively ban partners, staff, and passenger participation in or endorsement of commercial sexual activities or illegal drug use on Urban Adventures tours.
- Work to prevent the exploitation of children in tourism.
- Actively discourage participation in activities that exploit animals.
- Use local partners that adhere to Urban Adventures' responsible travel principles.
- Support and encourage fair employment practices.
- Give our travellers the best possible value.
- Have fun!
As a traveller, we ask that you keep the following in mind:
- People: Be mindful of the local citizens, and seek understanding through shared experiences. Consider their customs and values while in their homeland, and when in doubt, ask your guide for advice.
- Environment: Be mindful of the local environment, and act with conservation and sustainability in mind. Follow local guidelines, as recommended by your guide, and make proactive decisions on your own.
- Culture: When travelling to other cultures, remember that not everyone's customs are the same as yours at home. Be respectful, and be mindful of openly questioning a customary practice, even if you disagree with it. Try to understand from their perspective. You may learn something! Your guide will be an excellent point of reference here, so check with them if you're unsure.
- Economy: Make every effort to use local businesses and put your tourism dollars in the right (local) pocket. We use local vendors and businesses, and your guide will be able to advise you on the best ways to support the local economy.